Director and Owner of Healing ARTS,PLLC
National Certified Counselor
Registered and Board Certified Art Therapist, Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Certified Hatha and Trained Trauma Sensitive Yoga Instructor
- Private Practice since May 2010
- Healing ARTS, PLLC established in September 2013
- Contracted mental health provider for Polk County since 2009 as an registered art therapist and licensed mental health therapist. Primary therapist to victims of crime. Serving children and adults. Trauma and abuse assessment, diagnosis, and treatment. Collaborating with various child and family service agencies to provide integrated care.
- Years in Practice: 9 Years working in the mental health field. Experience includes residential, school, county agencies, private practice, providing consultations and supervisions.
- School: Prescott College
- Year Graduated: 2007
- License No. and State: 001175 Iowa
- Sliding Scale: on a limited opening
- Accepts Insurance: Yes
- Membership: AATA/08-115
- Member Since: 2012
- Certified Hatha yoga Instructor-September 2012
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga Teacher's Certification November 2012-Kripalu
Services for individuals school-aged through adult.
- I use a variety of approaches including talk therapy that can be a primary approach or used in combination with art psychotherapy, creative arts, trauma sensitive yoga, sandtray, writing, and journaling. These approaches are based on mindfulness and grounded in a body and mind integrated experience. Through the healing arts we can work with your unique needs. As a primary therapist I can care for clients dealing with difficulties such as: traumatic stress, trauma and loss, mood and anxiety disorders, sexual/ physical abuse, eating disorders, self inflicted violence, PTSD, dissociation, attachment, loss/ grief, child and adult bereavement, adjustment issues, phase of life issues, women's issues, identity issues, body image, affect regulation, and coping strategies.
Healing and relaxation for individuals who have traumatic stress and working in the trauma field.
- I can provide consulting, supervision, and psychoeducation in art therapy crisis intervention, program development, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment in trauma informed care.
- I will provide Trauma Sensitive Yoga with Art groups and or private sessions based on an hourly fee.
- If you are interested in having a Trauma Sensitive Yoga with Art group at your agency, please contact me at [email protected].
Contact me if you are interested in supervision for LMHC license and ATR credentialing!
Claire Roth Lamb, LISW
Licensed Clinical Independent Social Worker
EMDR Certified Therapist
After growing up in South Georgia, attending University of Alabama for undergraduate and graduate degrees of Social Work, and practicing in the Atlanta area for three years, I relocated to Des Moines, Iowa in 2016. I have a true passion for assisting others in overcoming stressors and life experiences in order to help people be the best possible version of themselves. I specialize in working with adolescents and adults who have experienced various forms of trauma. I am certified in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). I believe in a mind body healing approach and frequently incorporate expressive art therapy interventions, yoga, and mindfulness into the healing process in conjunction with evidenced based models such as EMDR, TF-CBT, and CBT. I have experience working with Post 9/11 veterans and active duty service men and women through my time at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. I am confident in my skill set to work with trauma, anxiety, depression and other mood disorders, life stressors, substance abuse, and phase of life issues. I have experience with comprehensive mental health assessment, trauma assessments, and individual and group therapy.
I accept most insurances and sliding fee. Please contact me at [email protected] or 515-423-0587 for more information. I look forward to meeting with you!
Healing Arts Intern
Mental Health Counseling Student and Intern
I am currently a graduate student at Drake University in the Master’s of Counseling program. I am on my last stretch of my academic pursuits and am striving towards becoming a licensed mental health counselor. I am from Des Moines, Iowa and have lived here most of my life. A handful of years ago, my life transformed when I embraced the opportunity to live in Greensboro, North Carolina. I attained incredible insight into the nature of who I was by leaving home for awhile and then eventually coming back with a renewed passion for life. I found my calling which transformed my life and the spirit in which I live it. My calling is to be a counselor and to serve others by encouraging them and helping them grow towards their calling and journey in life.
My Counseling Philosophy:
The heart of my being is vested in the sacredness of everyday life. I think we are spirits dancing in the mystery of life and that everyone is on their own unique path and journey. My counseling philosophy is centered on the idea that we are fellow travelers as human beings. This means that we are always meeting each other and experiencing life together. As a counselor, I am committed and dedicated to being a fellow traveler with others and being fully present to the service of people who I encounter on their life’s path. Authenticity, empathy, trust, and connection are aspects that I think are fundamental to the nature of the counseling relationship and process. I believe that everyone has a fire within them and is full of potential. The cornerstones of my counseling passion are mind, body, and spirit. As a counselor, it is my goal to help empower individuals to heal, grow, thrive, and transform wherever are in their life’s journey.
Areas of interest in Counseling and Therapy:
I am confident in my ability and eclectic approach to work with areas that include but not limited to:
Trauma, Anxiety, Depression, Substance abuse, and Stress disorders.
- Short Term Therapy
- Most insurances accepted
- Pro-bono service options