" I have found and believe that TSY is a necessary component to treat my Complex PTSD. I think that TSY therapy treats a part of my condition that other therapies are unable to- that is the physical, emotional and sensory dissociation that occurs with PTSD. I believe TSY is an essential piece of my healing and recovery." TSYoga participant
Participants will have the opportunity to practice:
· Present moment experiences
· Using art materials to express thoughts and feelings about the experience
· Awareness of body sensations and breath
· Making choices for themselves and their bodies
· Taking effective action
· Create new rhythms with self and others
· Experiment with spatial orientation
· Curiosity, interest, and a more friendly attitude toward the body
I will offer a safe and supportive space and provide participants with tools to help manage stress and relieve body tension. Through gentle restorative movement and breathing practices, the program will promote the connection between mind and body. Other main objectives are to help the survivors feel comfortable in their bodies, learn self-regulation skills, and improve their ability to direct attention away from ruminative thought processes. No yoga experience is necessary and this yoga practice is adaptable to most any physical ability. Participants will also have the opportunity to use art to help check in with themselves before and after the yoga session.
Trauma Sensitive Yoga
TS Yoga Group at Your Agency
- I will provide Trauma Sensitive Yoga or a TS Yoga with Art group based on an hourly fee.
- If you are interested in having an 8 week Trauma Sensitive Yoga or a TS Yoga with Art group at your agency, please contact me at [email protected].
Private Yoga Consultation
I offer clients one-on-one yoga consults with a trained trauma therapist/certified yoga instructor. Consults are generally three sessions in length and may cover a variety of needs related to the use of yoga as an adjunctive trauma treatment. Consults will be tailored to clients' specific needs and goals. Examples of topics that may be covered in a yoga consultation are:
- Introduction or re-introduction to yoga in a safe and private space
- Recommendation for how to design or modify a yoga program to address personal triggers, challenges, and physical limitations
- General psychoeducation about trauma and the body and ways in which yoga can help
Private yoga consultations are available on a self-pay basis only. For more information or to make a referral, please contact Molly Kinser Douglas, NCC, ATR, LMHC, Certified Yoga and Trained Trauma Sensitive Yoga Instructor [email protected]
We currently run women-only trauma sensitive yoga classes at Polk County Crisis and Advocacy Services, and Healing ARTS,PLLC.
PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO BE IN THERAPY, EITHER AT HEALING ARTS, PLLC OR ELSEWHERE. INTERESTED CLIENTS (OR CLINICIANS) WILL FIRST NEED TO CONTACT Molly Kinser Douglas 515-468-0364, FOR A SCREENING TO DETERMINE ELIGIBILITY
Trauma Sensitive Yoga is a way for us to safely experiment with having a body. Through yoga we can experiment with:
- and, Resting
PLEASE NOTE: Because our yoga room has limited space, class size is limited to 8. While this has been rare in our experience, unfortunately, we will need to turn students away after 8 have arrived.
Tuesday's Women's Yoga Class
Where: Polk County Crisis and Advoacy Services
Day and Time: Tue: evenings, 5:00-6:00 P.M.
Instructor: Molly Kinser Douglas
Wedensday Women's Yoga Class
Where: Healing ARTS,PLLC- Clive
Day and Time: Wed, 4:00-5:00 P.M.
Instructor: Molly Kinser DouglasCost: FREE